Port Talk – Staging Your Kitchen
In this episode of Port Talk – Ben shares some easy advice for staging your kitchen without hiring a professional. Your kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your house. Prior to having your kitchen professional photographed or inviting buyers into your home for a showing, follow this biggest piece of advice: DECLUTTER!
As you can see from this video, simply taking items off the countertops, and putting them in the cabinets or cupboards where they belong makes a huge difference! Instantly, your kitchen will appear much larger and open, and buyers will have an easier time picturing themselves living there.
Additional Kitchen Staging Tips
- Deep Clean: A sparkling kitchen is when it looks its best.
- Remove All Odors: Be hyperaware of odors in your kitchen. Clean out all garbage cans, pet related items, and items in your refrigerator that are unpleasant smelling.
- Use Fresh Flowers: Having a bowl of fresh fruit or a vase of fresh flowers will make your kitchen appear welcoming and will add a punch of color.
- Remove Heavy Window Coverings: Kitchens are most appealing when they appear open with natural light. Remove heavy wall coverings from windows that may be distracting to buyers.
- Clean Your Refrigerator: This goes along with removing odors. Make sure all food items are organized and the shelves are wiped clean. Also, clean off any magnets or other items off the front of the fridge.
- Remove Excess Chairs from the Kitchen Table: This will help your kitchen look bigger and less cluttered.
If you have any questions about staging your home, contact us!